Thursday, January 28, 2010

What is in the dairy you consume?

I was in the supermarket the other day buying my regular groceries and happend upon two very tasty looking pieces of cheese. They both looked like the same type of cheese, however upon closer inspection one ingredient list had milk as an ingredient among one or two other things.... the other had modified milk ingredients. Both were made by the same company but the "modified one" was about $1 less in price. I decided to buy both brands. When I got home I looked up what modified milk ingredients means... I discovered this article posted below. Does this mean that companies are using a chemical substitution for milk to make cheese and ice cream just so it sells better? Doesn't this mean that they are actually compromising the health of thousands of people? This new disturbed me.... I will be looking at every label and only buying local or fresh made cheese from now one. This is one more chemical I don't need to consume unknowingly through my food.

No comments:

Post a Comment